Loading... 139 view(s)
Healthy Homemade Ice Lollies Sure To Keep Your Kids Cool This Summer HolidaysWe understand that it can be not only tricky to keep your kids busy over the summer holidays, but also difficult to ensure they are fed with healthy treats, particularly fun ones that will help them keep cool, especially during the recent heatwave! Homemade ice lollies are the perfect cheap and healthy alternative than ones packed full of artificial flavouring and additives bought from the shops. They are easy and fun to make too! To create your delicious treats you’ll need some sort of mould. You may already have one, if not you can pick up some fun moulds online, or you may have house hold object that will do the trick! Some of our favourites are small muffin tins, paper or plastic cups, loaf tins, ice cube trays or yoghurt pots, all you need is a wooden stick to pop in the top and in the freezer it can go. Fruit lollies are the more traditional ways of making your homemade treats, they are a great way of getting your kids to consume their 5 a day and often you already have the ingredients in your fridge. We have put together our favourite flavours to give you inspiration, just simply fill up your moulds, pop in a stick and let your freezer do the rest:
- Tasty fruit cordials – (watered down of course – you can use lemonade too if it’s a treat) – apple and blackcurrant, orange, lemon and lime, rhubarb and orange, pear and elderflower, raspberry and orange, peach and raspberry, summer fruits.
- Fresh fruit juice – apple, orange, tropical, pineapple, peach, grapefruit, cranberry.
- Add some texture and include cut up fruits mixed into your fruit juice, cordial or plain yoghurt – raspberries, blueberries, mango, peach, kiwis, grapes – choose your favourites and experiment!
- Flavoured yoghurts – strawberry, raspberry, cherries, vanilla, peach, banana – use yoghurt with jam, fruit chunks or chocolate for extra texture.
- Fromage frais – strawberry, peach, apricot, natural, raspberry, banana - the list is endless.
- Tropical granola lollies – a yummy combination of mango, bananas and coconut milk dipped in dark chocolate and topped with crunchy granola.
- Sunshine lollies – delicious, low calorie treat that is vegan, gluten-free and one of your 5 a day! Including carrots, oranges and satsumas.
- Creamy avo lollies – a sure hit with avo lovers! A tasty mixture of avocado, lime, yoghurt, vanilla and honey.
- Frozen berry & gingernut yogurt pops – if you like cheesecake, you’ll love these! Keep cool this summer with a mixture of gingernut biscuits, condensed milk, berries and yoghurt.
- Strawberry milk pops – low in fat, still with the creamy flavour. A tasty combination of fresh strawberries, milk and condensed milk.