Valentine’s Day has become not only a popular day for engagements, but for weddings too! Having just started to organise a wedding myself I thought it would be fun to create some Valentine’s Day themed wedding ideas. Even if you are not getting married on Valentine’s Day, consider incorporating some of these touches into your big day.
- Find a venue that will allow you to light lots of candles so you can really set the mood for a late evening ceremony.
- Your wedding invitations should establish the theme initially for your big day. There are so many heart inspired invitations available, or make it even more personal and create your own.
- A string quartet at the church would make it feel so romantic. If you have a DJ, create a list full of love songs.
- Roses are the classic, however if you are getting married in February they are likely to be expensive. Look for other flowers such as tulips, dahlias and burgundy calla lilies.
- Create heart inspired favours, such as heart shaped boxes full of sweets or soap in the shape of hearts.
- Red petals scattered on tables and down the aisle will really finish off any Valentine’s themed day.
- A tiered wedding cake in the shape of a heart looks amazing; decorate with real roses in red, white or a pale pink.
- Heart-shaped balloons could look fabulous tied to the back of chairs at the reception. If you have invited children they would love to take one home at the end of the evening.
- What’s more romantic than candles? Tea-lights in jars with red petals scattered around are a great finishing touch.
- If you really want to complete the theme you can even make sure the food you lay out fits the theme. Red foods such as strawberries and cherries placed in a little basket could look fab.
- A final touch that I will be adding to my wedding will be our Personalised Ribbon. This comes in a huge range of colours including red as well as pretty wedding motifs including a heart, horse shoe and bells. You can take a look at them here on our website.